Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Simplicity 1803: My Own Modcloth!

A while back I found the website Make This Look and fell in love with the idea. I used to spend so much time lusting over the dresses I couldn't afford, never stopping to think... "Wait... I know how to sew. I could make that!." I was practically raised next to a sewing machine, sewing is in my blood! (My mom is an incredibly talented woman and has made some of the most gorgeous window treatments the world has ever seen.)

I found my first project to make about a month ago. I saw the Soft Serve dress on ModCloth, found the the SAME PRINT (whoa!) in purple on Fabric.com (it was on sale AND had a 30% off coupon!), and already had Simplicity 1803 sitting in my pattern bin at home! I knew I had to go for it!
The pattern came together pretty quickly. I learned my lesson from the last dress I made, as well as reviews from LLadybird's Post here, and took the time to test the ease with a muslin. I'm so glad I did, because this pattern also had 4" of ease built into my size. It would have been far too much! Made a few tiny changes in the bodice and it fits perfectly. This is probably the most comfortable dress in my closet now... aaaaand the cutest too! 


I ordered my Pin Stripe design from SpoonFlower and waiting for it to arrive. I think I'll do the same pattern but in View B with short sleeves. Anxiously waiting!!!


Side note: Has anyone out there ever used the paid app for SewingKit? Trying to find a way to keep my pattern info on my person, wondering if its worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment