Saturday, August 24, 2013

Designing on an empty stomach!

Putting together my Dim Sum design made my stomach growl!!! I really should have eaten before sitting down at my computer. I have a tendency to either completely lose track of time, or I'm too stubborn to step away from my work until it's done. Today was a subtle mix of both. ORDER UP ON THE DIM SUM!!! It's ready to go! 

Like with the hangers, I was trying to add in some retro elements, like the large repeating dots, shapes being slightly askew to add depth, and simple geometric shapes. I'm pretty sure it's successful in portraying Dim Sum... still haven't gone out to try it. Maybe next date night. 

Guess what came in this week!!! That's right! My Pixel Pinstripe and all my samples! SOOO VERY EXCITED! Looks great! Can't wait to wear it as a dress! 





I feel like it was a pretty smart move to pick up a color guide swatch. It's already proving itself useful for the upcoming Dino design. That's next on my to-do list! My handsome boyfriend bought me a Wacom Tablet way back at Christmas. I've fiddled around with it some, but really don't know the first thing about how to use it. Promised him that this time around, I'm gonna design with it. Fingers crossed! I'm nervous I'm gonna get frustrated again and go back to drawing with the mouse. Talk about tedious!!! If anyone out there has any advice, I'd love some right about now.




No comments:

Post a Comment